Dear Blind Prediction Participants,
We sincerely hope that you are doing well and staying safe and healthy! Before the end of this very specific year, we would like to give you a few important updates regarding the Blind Prediction:
You can find the test videos at the SERA AIMS Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3-3JG05o5RIpB79gcH6QUOxw5AgQAagS.
BEE special issue
Many thanks to those who have committed to write a paper for a special issue on their model and possibly post-diction results: We are pleased to confirm that the special issue will be published in the Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering. The volume will be named “Adjacent Interacting Masonry Structures: Shake Table Test, Blind Prediction and PostDiction Simulations”. Given that we can now provide the deadlines for the abstract and paper, could you please send us again a short email confirming that you will submit a paper to this special issue.
In addition to the papers by the various groups, the volume will comprise the following papers:
1. Paper 1: Paper by project partners on the planning of test and test results (ideally including data paper as annex).
2. Paper 2: Blind prediction paper – summary and comparison of results (anonymous results); all participants of the blind prediction test are invited to be co-authors.
3. Papers by groups: Papers of the individual groups of the blind prediction study. These papers may include:
• A detailed description of the modelling and analysis approach (in Paper 2 this information would only be included in aggregated form).
• A detailed comparison of experimental results with the prediction results.
• Post-diction analysis and comparison with experimental results.
4. Optional paper: Possibly a synthesis paper on lessons learnt and post-diction results; this depends on the outcome and insights to be gained. All groups with post-diction results would be invited to be co-authors.
Deadlines for the BEE special issue
January 31, 2021 – Submission of abstracts
April 30, 2021 – Submission of papers
September 30, 2021 – Completion of the peer review process
- Test data
The test data regarding the recorded accelerations and displacements will be made available by end of January. The data on frequencies and damping results for each stage, as well as the data on the simple compression tests will be provided by mid-February. We will notify you regularly by mail and http://sera-aims.com/ webpage.
We wish you all a very good holiday and all the best for the new year.
Igor Tomić and Katrin Beyer